- Permanent full time post based within Astra Signs Limited
- Probation period of three months
- This is a full-time post with weekend working requirements as determined by the production schedule.
- Basic hours of work are normally 7:30am – 4:30pm with thirty minutes lunch break.
- Core hours of 40.25 per week, and overtime where required to suit the needs of the business. Working conditions are normal for a Production Facility operation.
- Rate of pay for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation.
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum to include three days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory public holidays.
Due to the changing needs of the business a position has become available for a Sign Welder Fabricator/ Sheet metal worker. We are looking for a Fabricator to understand and support the overall efficiency and meet deadlines where required. As a sheet metal worker and fabricator, you will be expected to work in our metal shop and to play an important role in the manufacture of a range of signage from supplied production drawings, utilising a range of materials (aluminium / stainless steel / mild steel), and all to scheduled deadlines.
Experience in signage production is desirable though not essential but will be an obvious advantage. Applicants must be experienced in fabrication with the ability to meet challenges and work to high details and tight tolerances. You will be expected to work either individually or as part of the team on any given project, be proactive and work off your own initiative. These characteristics will be pivotal to succeed in this fast-paced environment. You will also be proficient in welding and fabrication to be a rounded and experienced metal worker.
Astra Signs are an established business with over 30 years’ experience in signage manufacturing and are accredited to EN 1090, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. This position is a long-term opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the company. Astra Signs are committed to improving & sustaining employment through growth and continual development.
- Working with all aspects of sheet metals from raw materials to finished product.
- To accurately follow production drawings, ensuring manufactured products / parts meet client specification and design brief.
- To be able to work under pressure to meet allocated production timescales.
- Positive and proactive approach to work
- Experience in a manual, practical environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and good working practices.
- Experience and knowledge of MIG and TIG welding processes
- Operation and use of guillotines.
- Operation and use of hydraulic press brake
- Experience of cutting and forming all required materials (sheet / tube / section)
- Use of circular and band saws
- Use of a variety of hand tools
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with and operating metal working machinery and processes
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to overcome challenges
- Punctual and flexible including overtime
- An understanding of and personal commitment to the Vision and Values of Astra Signs Limited
- Commitment to and the flexibility to work hours as determined by the business
- Committed to on-going personal development and development of the team
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training
Closing date for applications Friday 28th May 2021. All applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Agencies need not apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send a resume and cover letter with your salary expectations outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Joe Derbyshire (Operations director) email@example.com