Position: Large Format Print Production All-Rounder
- Permanent full time post based within Astra Signs Limited
- This is a full-time post with weekend working requirements as determined by the production schedule
- Basic hours of work are normally 07:30 – 16:30 with thirty minutes lunch break
- Rate of pay for this post is dependent on experience
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory public holidays
Astra Signs are looking for a Print Production All-Rounder. The person will be tasked with operating large format printers, vinyl plotters, cutting machines and finishing equipment. Reporting into the Head of Department, Print Production works as part of the team for the successful delivery of digital graphics on all projects to meet client requirements and delivery within specified timescales.
- To Read, Understand and Check work order specifications.
- To produce a quality product to the highest standard and to the customers’ requirements and to Astra Signs own quality assurance
- Experience of operating large format printers, plotters and cutters – Jetrix, HP and ESKO
- Proven experience with Adobe Illustrator, Print Factory and Photoshop
- Experience of operating and use of vinyl cutting machines would be beneficial – weeding and applying vinyl is a must
- Experience of both MAC & PC
- Work to procedures (in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001) to always ensure an efficient operation.
- Work as part of the team to maintain the department and its facilities in a clean condition and in good working order.
- Communicate issues with Head of Department before expense overruns are incurred.
- To undertake any work required to develop and maintain the work area and other aspects of Astra Signs work as directed.
- To sustain a flexible and adaptable attitude to the work of the team
- To participate in all aspects of training and development as directed and to use all relevant learning opportunities to improve personal skills to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- To adhere to Astra Signs health and safety policy and observe a duty of care to other members of the team.
- To contribute to the success of the team in meeting the company’s aims and objectives
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the Head of Department.
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send a resume and cover letter with your salary expectations outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Joe Derbyshire (Operations director) email@example.com