Position: Graphics Finisher
- Permanent full time post based within Astra Signs Limited
- Probation period of three months
- This is a full-time post with weekend working requirements as determined by the production schedule
- Basic hours of work are normally 07:30 – 16:30 with thirty minutes lunch break
- Rate of pay for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus statutory public holidays
Reporting into the Head of Graphics, the Graphic finisher works as part of the team for the successful delivery of graphics on all projects to meet client requirements and delivery within specified timescales.
- To Read, Understand and Check work order specifications
- To produce a quality product to the highest standard and to the customers requirements and to Astra Signs own quality assurance
- Roll out and weed out decals ready for application onto panel making sure decals correspond to the work specification. After decals are weeded-out apply application tape to the surface and squeeze out using plastics spreader.
- Clean the panel using appropriate (approved) cleaners and mark out panel. Peel back backing paper on vinyl and apply to panel wet or dry – dry if small decals, wet if large using water and a squeegee/spreader
- Pull back application tape – check for air bubbles – dry off
- When the job is complete pass onto the next department to the highest possible standard
- Work to procedures (in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001) to ensure an efficient operation at all times.
- Work as part of the team to maintain the department and its facilities in a clean condition and in good working order.
- Communicate issues with Head of Graphics before expense overruns are incurred.
- To undertake any work required to develop and maintain the work area and other aspects of Astra Signs work, as directed
- To sustain a flexible and adaptable attitude to the work of the team
- To participate in all aspects of training and development as directed and to use all relevant learning opportunities to improve personal skills so as to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- To adhere to Astra Signs health and safety policy and observe a duty of care to other members of the team.
- To contribute to the success of the team in meeting the company’s aims and objectives
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the Head of Graphics.
- Print finishing experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (30-60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- An understanding of and personal commitment to the Vision and Values of Astra Signs Limited
- Commitment to and the flexibility to work hours as determined by the business
- Committed to on-going personal development and development of the Team
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send a resume and cover letter with your salary expectations outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Joe Derbyshire (Operations director) firstname.lastname@example.org