Due to the changing needs of the business a position has become available for a Sign Assembler. We are looking for a team player to understand and support the overall efficiency and meet deadlines where required. As a sign assembler, you will be expected to work in our production facility and to play an important role in the manufacture of a range of signage from supplied production drawings, utilising a range of materials and all to scheduled deadlines.
Experience in signage manufacture is essential. Applicants must be experienced in assembly with the ability to meet challenges, and work either individually or as part of the team on any given project, be proactive and work off their own initiative. These characteristics will be pivotal in order to succeed in this fast-paced environment. You will also be proficient in signage manufacture as a rounded and experienced sign maker. This role is a very varied role where no two jobs are the same.
Astra Signs are an established business with over 30 years’ experience, and this is a long term opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the company.
You will be required to assemble signage components including:
- Electrical assembly with led lighting modules and neon into built up letters and fascia signs
- Bonding acrylic/Foamex, aluminium and composite panels
- Be competent in using hand and power tools, pillar drills and saws
- Working with adhesives, bonding agents and mechanical fixings
- Working with all aspects of quality to create a finished product
- To accurately follow production drawings, ensuring manufactured products / parts meet client specification and brief
- To be able to work under pressure to meet allocated production timescales
- Positive and proactive approach to work
- Experience in a manual, practical environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and good working practices
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with and operating hand tools
- Experience and understanding of electrical wiring
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to overcome challenges
- Punctual and flexible including overtime to support the needs of the business
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
Full time position – 40.25 hours per week. Working conditions are normal for a Production Facility operation. Reporting to the Assembly supervisor and Production Manager. The rate of pay is dependent on experience and will be up to £10.00 p/h. You will also receive 20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
All applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send a resume and cover letter with your salary expectations outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
No Agencies PleaseApply now